The end of summer is officially in sight, which means we should take advantage of including fresh, seasonal vegetables in our meals. This chicken, broccoli and sweet potato sheet pan dinner is a healthy, colorful dish that is sure to satisfy the entire family with its zesty, herby flavor. Here are all the steps you need in order to get this hearty dish on the dinner table this evening:
- Serves about 4
- 20 ounces sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes (2 medium, about 3 cups)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts, diced into pieces (about 1 1/4-inches, keeping them similar in size so they cook evenly)
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon of each: Dried thyme, sage, parsley and rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans, either whole or roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a mound on a rimmed 18 x 13-inch baking sheet. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil over top and toss to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer and roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop and prepare your remaining ingredients.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Add chicken pieces, broccoli florets and red onion. Sprinkle with garlic and drizzle the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil over top, making sure to focus on the broccoli florets so they don’t dry out. Toss with a spatula to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle evenly with thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary, nutmeg, salt and black pepper. Toss again to evenly coat with seasonings and spread evenly. Return to oven and roast for about 16-20 minutes longer, tossing once halfway through, until center of diced chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven, and toss in pecans and cranberries. Serve immediately.
Bon appétit! Best of all, this recipe is perfect for those with incontinence, as it contains fresh vegetables and meats without any dairy, alcohol or artificial sweeteners. View the full recipe by Cooking Classy for additional tips and nutritional information, and prepare to wow the entire family with your cooking skills!