November through February is often referred to as “award show season” with the Screen Actors Guild Awards, Academy Awards, Golden Globes and other award shows taking place. It’s an exciting time for directors, actors and movie lovers alike to watch who wins big and add some great movies to your viewing list, too!
Check out these 10 movies that have won big during this year’s award show season:
- La La Land – Reminiscent of Old Hollywood films, it’s a twist on a modern tale of a jazz pianist who falls for an aspiring actress.
- Moonlight – This powerful and moving story portrays what childhood and growing up is like as a young black man in Miami. This film won Best Picture at the Academy Awards.
- Fences – Set in the 1950s, an African-American father once dreamed of a baseball career, but was too old when the major leagues began admitting black players.
- Manchester by the Sea – After the death of his brother, a depressed man is asked to take care of his teenage nephew.
- Jackie – The famous First Lady experiences immense grief while attempting to console her children after her husband’s assassination.
- Lion – A young Indian boy gets lost on the streets of Calcutta and is eventually adopted by a couple in Australia; years later, he starts looking for his lost family.
- Florence Foster Jenkins – A New York heiress dreams of becoming an opera singer, despite having a terrible singing voice.
- Hidden Figures – The incredible true story of female African-American mathematicians who helped NASA launch the U.S. Space program.
- Zootopia – A rooky bunny cop and a cynical con artist fox work together to uncover a conspiracy. This movie won Best Animated Feature Film at the Academy Awards and would be a great flick to watch with grandchildren!
- Arrival – A linguistics professor tries to interpret the language of apparent alien visitors as mankind teeters on the verge of global war.
With Wearever, you can watch movies in full without worrying about unwanted leaks or several trips to the bathroom with our incontinence panties and incontinence briefs. So, grab a warm blanket, some yummy snacks and get comfortable for a fun movie viewing this weekend!