Who doesn’t love a traditional summer dish with a twist? This grilled potato salad is so much more than the typical potato salad dish you’ve had in the past. Made with garlic, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and more, this recipe brings a mouthful of flavor as an entrée at the dinner table or a side dish while relaxing by the pool. Topped off with a smooth, tangy bacon vinaigrette, the whole family can enjoy this zesty dish after only 45 minutes total cook time. Here’s how to add this refreshing meal to your summer cookbook:
- Serves 8
- 3 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes (about the size of a walnut halved)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 8 scallions
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, plus more for garnish
- Heat grill to medium-high and line a plate with paper towels.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water by 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until easily pierced with a knife, 14 to 16 minutes. Drain and let cool. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- In the meantime, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to prepared plate with a slotted spoon.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings from skillet. Off the heat, add garlic, vinegar and brown sugar to the drippings in the skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
- Grill potatoes cut-side down until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Grill scallions, turning occasionally, until charred, 4 to 6 minutes. Chop scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- Add potatoes, scallions and marjoram to bowl with dressing, and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with marjoram. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy and take full advantage of this easy, delicious summer dish! View the full recipe here, and get to grilling!