Once again, it’s time for the Wearever Incontinence Recipe of the Month! We love to bring you hearty and healthy food options that are accommodating of your incontinence. Certain foods can aggravate your incontinence symptoms, but thankfully, there are those that can improve them as well! Our recipe series is going to show you some delicious culinary creations that you’ll love. This month we’re bringing you an incontinence-friendly dessert. We present to you, Grape, Pineapple, and Custard Truffle!
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Vanilla wafers x 46
- 14oz can of Pineapple chunks in pineapple juice x 1
- Vanilla flavored pudding mix x 1
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 cups of 35% whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of red seedless grapes
- A large serving bowl
- Start, by counting out the 46 wafers, and setting them aside; we’ll need them later.
- Next, drain the pineapple chunks of all the excess juice.
- In your large bowl, prepare your vanilla pudding. Follow the package directions, and then let it cool for 5 minutes. Stir the mixture twice while it’s cooling.
- In another bowl, pour both cups of whipping cream. Add the sugar and vanilla, then whip the mixture using a mixer until it is stiff and fluffy.
- Now, fold 1 cup of the cream into the pudding after it has cooled.
- Finally, cut each of the grapes in half, and set them aside for later.
Now it’s time to put the trifle together!
Layer about 22 of the wafers around the sides and bottom of your bowl
- Put about a third of the pudding, grapes, and pineapples on the wafers
- Place another layer of the wafers, and then more of the pineapples, grapes, and pudding
- Repeat and place another layer
- On the top layer, place all of the remaining cookies around the outside edge of the bowl to keep the pudding in place.
- Cover, refrigerate, and serve when you’re ready to enjoy!
This is a great dessert to serve as the weather begins to warm up. The nice cool flavors of the fruits and cream will be loaded with a light, refreshing taste for you and your guests. For more recipes to help with your incontinence, visit our recipe series to discover some delicious ideas that you can follow and create on your own! Stay tuned, and check in each month to see what creation we reveal next!