The National Association For Continence (NAFC), a private nonprofit organization on task to improve the quality of life of incontinence sufferers, reports that 25 million American adults suffer from incontinence. Many common health issues have caused the influx of those with incontinence. Those health issues can include, but are not limited to:
- Pelvic-floor problems following difficult labor or excessive weight gain
- Post-prostate complications
- Complications from diabetes in men and women
- Emotional stress
Types of Incontinence
Keep in mind, not all cases of incontinence are the same. You may suffer from any one of a variety of incontinence types. Types of the condition include:
- Stress incontinence – The word “stress” refers to stress or heavy burden on the pelvic muscles.
- Urge incontinence or overactive bladder – Urge incontinence is the constant feeling of having to “go”.
- Overflow incontinence – Overflow incontinence occurs when the body does not send a sufficient signal for timely relief. Symptoms can include either not sensing when it’s time or to much of a delay in sensing.
- Fecal incontinence – Apply the symptoms and effects of overflow incontinence to bowel-movement process.
There are varying ways of handling each of these challenges. The most appropriate first step is to seek medical help. Many incontinence sufferers endure the condition needlessly, not realizing that their cases are treatable.
Things You Can Do About Incontinence Now
Dump Wrong Assumptions and Bad Ideas About Incontinence
The NAFC also reports that at least one-third of men and women erroneously believe that incontinence is a normal effect of natural aging. Adopting this myth, as with any, reduces instances of successful diagnoses and early treatment of the condition. Also, because of this misperception, a large portion of the 25 million sufferers bear the stigma of incontinence unnecessarily, when help is close at hand.
Certain types of incontinence — such as stress and urge incontinence — can be remedied from home after consulting a physician. Losing weight relieves the pelvic floor muscles and helps patients regain continence and confidence in cases of stress incontinence. According to Web MD, the causes of urge incontinence are unknown. Some medical professionals propose that stress is an underlying factor and believe that reducing emotional stress may help. If you suffer from overflow incontinence because of a condition such as diabetes, losing weight may help. Otherwise, treating the root issue may help reduce the incontinence effect.
Incontinence panties or incontinence briefs mitigate the effects of all forms of the condition. Effective brands feature consistent quality and performance, are competitively fashionable, and adhere to NAFC standards for affordable absorbents. Wearever scores well in all three categories.
In fact, Wearever manufacturers have a company-wide commitment to design and produce products tested against their three main standards: consistent quality and performance, fashionable, stylish designs, and attractive pricing.
Don’t let incontinence run your life; use Wearever absorbent products to get back to normal life.