At Prime Life Fibers take pride in being one of the few companies providing eco-friendly, reusable, incontinence underwear. With Earth Day around the corner (April 22nd) we wanted to take the opportunity to pass along a few facts about the damage disposable incontinence products are doing to our planet:
- The average wearer of disposable diapers goes through 3-4 diapers per day. That’s approximately 1100-1500 diapers per person a year! While this may seem like an insignificant number, there are over 25 million Americans living with incontinence. Thus, the number of diapers being added to landfills every year is in the BILLIONS.
- A disposable diaper takes between 250-500 years to decompose
- Don’t be deceived by the words “bio-degradable”! According to the California Integrated Waste Management Board, not even biodegradable diapers break down in a landfill. Landfills are not composting facilities and biodegradable diapers do not degrade well in landfills.
- According to Natural-Environment.com more than 82,000 tons of plastic and 250,000 trees are used to make disposable diapers each year
While these facts can be alarming and scary, here’s the good news: Choosing Wearever® Underwear and other adult incontinence products instead of a disposable would make many of these scary statistics practically obsolete.
- Wearever® incontinence underwear can be washed and reused 200-250 times. A week’s worth of Wearever® undergarments would contribute ZERO waste to landfills over the course of a year
- No plastic used at all! Not only is that great news for the environment but when you walk or move in Wearever® reusable incontinence underwear there’s no “diaper” sound
- Not only are Wearever® briefs & incontinence panties great for the environment, but great for your wallet! Washable garments can save as much as $473 compared to disposables over one year. Save the world AND money? Sounds like a great way to celebrate Earth Day!
In honor of Earth Day, Eversures.com would like to offer a “Buy any three pack, get one pair of panties/briefs free” promotion Saturday, April 21st to Sunday, April 22nd. Just enter promotional code: EARTH12
Happy Earth Day!