After the holiday festivities, many are looking for a healthy reset after the cookies, pies and other sweet treats. Drinking a smoothie packed with fruits and veggies is one of the best ways to ensure your body is getting all essential vitamins. The great thing about smoothie recipes is their versatility, allowing you to mix and match ingredients to fit what you have on hand or your personal preferences. Just be sure to avoid dairy and citrus fruits, since those can exacerbate incontinence symptoms.
Here’s our suggestion for a delicious green smoothie to start the year off right:
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mango
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 bananas
- Place the spinach in a blender.
- Add water.
- Blend together until smooth.
- Add mango, pineapple and banana.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a cup of your choice.
That’s it! You can see the full recipe here, or check out other yummy combinations for smoothies to enjoy all year long here!
As the winter temperatures plummet, it’s a great time of year to cook cozy comfort foods! We like this delicious pork chop recipe seasoned with apples, onions and sweet potatoes. It’s not only delicious, but it avoids known dietary irritants that can impact incontinence. With a few changes, many people living with urinary leaks can help increase bladder control. And all without sacrificing savory flavors! Trust us, this dish’s aromas are sure to make the neighbors jealous!
The recipe, adapted from AllRecipes, requires little prep time and is ready in just over an hour, so it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or to make for an unexpected guest. We hope you enjoy!
4 pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
2 onions, sliced into rings
2 sweet potatoes, sliced
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced into rings
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 min
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste, and arrange in a medium oven-safe skillet. Top pork chops with onions, sweet potatoes and apples. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Season with 2 teaspoons pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cover, and bake 1 hour until sweet potatoes are tender and pork chops have reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Want to know more about how a recipe can help with incontinence? Read more about diet modification and incontinence.