Thanks to Denise of Neicyisms and Nestlings blog for her great review of the Wearever Women’s Lovely Lacy Trim Panties! She refers to Wearever as a happy medium between adult diapers and the fine lingerie department stores. Here’s what she had to say:
“When I imagine myself as I advance through life into my golden years, I still would like to see myself as a “Golden Girl Fashionista”. Yes, my infinity scarf will undoubtedly be worn more for warmth than for style and yes, I may possibly have retired my ripped jeans and boy shorts, but I will still want to rock the runway or retirement villa. Well, here’s a thought – will I still shop in the fine lingerie department stores or will I anxiously await the newest style of adult diapers? Wearever, offers a happy medium for men and women….
Wearever Women’s Lovely Lacy Trim Panties are the fashionable alternative to regular cotton panties, without sacrificing comfort or reliability. These panties are the reliable and economic solution to disposable incontinence products; they last for 200-250 washes and are backed by the Wearever brand.”
We love hearing how our products help people feel stylish and comfortable in any stage of life. Read Denise’s full blog post at http://www.niecyisms.com/2014/02/featured-review-wearever-incontinence.html
There are a lot of misconceptions about incontinence. It can be hard to tell where the truth lies. So, whether you’re living with incontinence or caring for someone who is, check out a few debunked myths to help you keep the facts straight:
1. Myth: To avoid urinary leaks, don’t drink much water.
- Reality: It is still very important to consume enough fluids to stay hydrated. Instead, consider drinking water at times when you know you will have easy access to a nearby restroom. It’s also recommended people living with incontinence limit food and drinks that can acerbate incontinence symptoms such as alcoholic beverages, caffeine and acidic foods.
2. Myth: Surgery is the only option for treating urinary incontinence.
- Reality: In addition to surgery, there are also other treatment options for incontinence, including medication, exercise, and diet modification and lifestyle changes. The Mayo Clinic shared this extensive list of treatment options to evaluate what may work best for you with your own physician
3. Myth: Urinary incontinence or leakage isn’t something I need to bring up with my doctor.
4. Adult diapers or sanitary napkins are the only option for adults with urinary incontinence.
- Reality: You are not bound to the crinkly, bulky and uncomfortable disposable products. Wearever offers an alternative – real underwear featuring a sewn-in super absorbent Unique-dri™ pad, which traps liquid for built-in, all-day protection. These incontinence panties and men’s incontinence briefs are comfortable, look and feel just like traditional underwear while providing protection for leaks.
5. Myth: Incontinence only occurs in seniors.
- Reality: While urinary incontinence is common in older adults, it can affect men and women of any age. Incontinence in women can occur during and immediately after pregnancy. Additionally, a number of other health concerns are associated with urinary incontinence, including ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. There are an estimated 30 million Americans living with some level of urinary incontinence.
Have more questions about incontinence? Check out our FAQ page for additional information!
Our mission is to do whatever we can to help men and women living with incontinence feel comfortable and confident. Incontinence doesn’t have to stop you from enjoying everything life has to offer and our incontinence products were specifically designed to improve quality of life.
We love hearing about how our incontinence products have made lives better. Check out what one of our customers told us about how our incontinence underwear revitalized her “leaky situation.”:
“After my second child I noticed if I coughed or sneezed, I leaked a little. I soon realized that from then on I would be stuck using panty liners daily just in case. Ladies you know how much we pay a month for our feminine products then add the cost of daily absorbent panty liners YIKES!! I cringed every time I added them to my shopping cart. There had to be a way to not only save the environment but my pocketbook as well.
Wearever has stylish and comfortable incontinence underwear for men and women who so that they can live life to the fullest with confidence and comfort. Wearever incontinence underwear are reusable and they provide maximum protection for female and male incontience. Yay! No more filling the landfills. The underwear has sewn-in Unique-Dri pads that trap liquid and are treated with odor eliminating fibers. They are recommended to keep you dry through 200-250 washes. That’s a big money saver.
Wearever offers a large selection of absorbent female incontinence panties in all different styles and material including cotton, lace and nylon. You can choose light, moderate and heavy absorbency. Wearever offers men the same protection and with incontinence briefs and boxers.”
– Freebies 4 Friends blogger (read more here)
We want to hear your story! Let us know how Wearever incontinence supplies have changed the way you manage and live with your incontinence. At Wearever, we are fully committed to providing the best products that help people deal with incontienence. In addition to incontinece underwear for men and women, we also carry waterproof bed pads and diabetic socks from Buster Brown.
Could the discomfort you’re experiencing be caused by overflow incontinence? Overflow incontinence is a type of urinary incontinence (lacking control over the bladder) that involves your bladder not being able to fully empty itself. The result is trickles of urine that happens fairly often. The University of Maryland Medical Center explains that there are numerous causes and risk factors for this condition, including: Continue reading
It’s estimated that about 25 million people living throughout North America experience some sort of incontinence, or the unintentional leakage of urine. Such issues can arise for a variety of reasons and range from minor to major in severity. Some people can even kick incontinence altogether by either taking medication, exercising the pelvic muscles to curb unnecessary urine leakage or by changing other aspects of their lifestyle, such as their diet.
Caregivers have numerous roles to fill, and frequent laundering just adds to your list of responsibilities. Relieve yourself of household messes and cleanup with washable and reusable bed pads. Incontinence protection is the primary use for bed pads, but families of all types will find them useful. Read through for alternative uses you probably never considered.
Incontinence, rapid weight loss or gain, unusual thirst or hunger, blurry vision, and excessive fatigue are all common symptoms of diabetes. Diabetes is caused by high blood sugar levels. Furthermore, it’s estimated that some 7 million Americans are living with undetected diabetes because such symptoms can be minimal in the early stages. However, once they come to total fruition, damage to the nervous and circulatory systems, in addition to the symptoms mentioned in the opening, are common among diabetic patients.
Diabetes can be managed so that one’s quality of life remains high at little to no inconvenience. For instance, frequent urination and urine leakage can be managed with incontinence panties or incontinence briefs. Another effective product for managing diabetic symptoms is diabetic socks. Continue reading
According to the National Association for Incontinence, more than 25 million adults in the US suffer from some form of urinary incontinence; more than 75 percent of those being women. According to the US Department of Health’s project sector, women’s health, childbirth, pregnancy, and menopause are major contributors to the prevalence of the condition in women.
Whatever the reason behind your incontinence, dealing with the condition discreetly is a priority. In the past, incontinence panties for women have been unattractive, bulky, restrictive, and expensive – but not anymore. Wearever has changed the name of the game, bringing women across the nation beautiful, effective, reusable, and affordable seamless incontinence briefs. Continue reading