Spring temperatures mean new fresh produce is hitting the stands! We’re excited to dig into this refreshing salad from MyRecipes.com. It’s perfect for lunch and hearty enough to serve as weekday dinner.
It also has the added benefit of avoiding common ingredients that can aggravate urinary incontinence. We hope you enjoy this crisp salad and the beautiful spring weather!
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups torn romaine lettuce
4 cups arugula
2 cups quartered strawberries
1/3 cup vertically sliced red onion
12 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, sliced
2 tablespoons unsalted cashews, halved
- To prepare dressing, combine sugar, red wine vinegar, water, salt and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Gradually drizzle in oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Set dressing aside.
- To prepare salad, combine romaine with arugula, quartered strawberries, red onion and chicken in a bowl; toss gently.
- Place about 2 cups chicken and salad mixture on each of 4 plates.
- Top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cashews.
- Drizzle about 4 teaspoons dressing over each serving.
Not sure what diet has to do with incontinence? Check out how small nutrition modifications can reduce urinary leaks. Also check out our incontinence briefs and incontinence panties that provide the protection you can count on.