Incontinence is becoming less of a taboo topic as more people are opening up about their diagnosis, symptoms and treatments. Accordingly to Urology Care Foundation, approximately 33 million Americans live with urinary incontinence. Could you be one of them?
If you want to learn more about incontinence, check out the list of symptoms below.
Symptoms of stress incontinence:
- Involuntary release of urine, especially when you cough, sneeze or laugh
- Leaking a small to moderate amount of urine
Symptoms of urge incontinence:
- Frequent and sudden incontrollable need to urinate
- May leak anywhere from a small to large amount of urine
Symptoms of overflow incontinence:
- Frequent or constant dribbling of urine
- Bladder never feels empty
Symptoms of functional incontinence:
- Experiencing a physical or mental impairment that keeps you from making it to the bathroom in time
- Example: arthritis could prevent someone from being unable to unbutton pants
Symptoms of mixed incontinence:
- Experiences one or more of the above symptoms
If you or someone you love is experiencing these symptoms, we recommend seeing your doctor to learn more about your options. For those already diagnosed with incontinence, know there are resources and solutions to help you stay comfortable and worry free!