How Incontinence Can Affect Daily Life
Urinary incontinence, commonly referred to as UI, is something that is a daily inconvenience and a constant struggle for those who have it. With the appropriate incontinence supplies, involuntary leakage of urine can be managed and dealt with. The unwanted annoyance of urine leakage can severely affect the social lives of those who suffer from it which in turn can lead to self-confidence issues along with a feeling of hopelessness.
Urinary Incontinence Causes Disturbances in Lifestyle
Urinary incontinence (UI) is a bladder control issue that:
- Happens to nearly one in four women world-wide
- Affects a figured 15 million adult females in the United States
- Affects nearly 25 million Americans and over 200 million individuals globally
- Is the result of an overactive bladder and is most prevalent in women who have had children, are pregnant, or are menopausal which explains why there are more female sufferers than male ones
Although urinary incontinence is non-life threatening and is by no means an indication that you are unhealthy, it is still an inconvenience that has emotional side effects resulting in a lack of quality of life. For those who once enjoyed exercise and daily work-outs may find themselves no longer able to enjoy these activities due to urine leakage when pressure and stress is applied to the abdominal area. As a result, sufferers tend to me less active and less social for the simple fact that they fear leakage may occur
Urinary Incontinence and Self Esteem Issues
Self-image along with confidence and happiness is compromised when you can no longer enjoy activities that you once previously enjoyed partaking in such as exercises that put added pressure on your abs. Those who are affected may be embarrassed when an accident happens due to urine stains and a fear that people around them may smell an odor. This can result in social isolation, being afraid that those around you may notice or make commentary.
Incontinence can also severely affect:
– Sleeping cycles which can make you feel exhausted come morning time, leaving you with limited energy to enjoy your day
– Has the power to limit your ability to do activities leaving you feeling stray and alone
– Your wardrobe: you may feel confined to certain outfits thus limiting clothing options
The Wearever Line of Incontinence Supplies
At Wearever, we are happy to bring our customers quality products that will help with incontinence in a simple non surgical fashion.
Our line of incontinence products include:
- Our line of incontinence briefs for men boast superior permeable and protective layers that aid in absorbing leaks. They come in various fits and styles along with sewn-in Unique-Dri pads and odor-eliminating Agion so that you can feel fresh, clean and dry all day long. They are also an investment into your quality of life in that leakage as a result of exercise, coughing, laughing or sneezing will no longer be a worry in the back of your mind.
- Wearever incontinence panties for women are designed to give you your freedom, confidence, and quality of life back. They are completely discreet, having the thinness and fit of a standard panty but having the absorption of a pad. These undergarments feature sewn-in Unique-Dri pads which trap in liquid leaks where they are absorbed and instantly treated with odor eliminating Agion antimicrobial fibers. Best of all, these panties are durable, lasting for up to 250 washes before having to be discarded making them a lucrative and economical investment both money-wise and well-being wise.
- Incontinence bed pads are another beneficial product designed for sufferers. These bed pads are manufactured with absorbent materials in conjunction with a waterproof liner, allowing your mattress and/or furniture to stay dry when a leak occurs. Our bed pads are entirely washable and reusable making them a very economical option for those with incontinence problems. Each model is designed to bear leaks and prevent wetness from seeping through.